posted Sep 10, 2015, 2:26 PM by Forgotten Sea
updated Sep 10, 2015, 2:27 PM
Emma handed over the Seneschal office to Miranda as of today.
- A full inventory must be taken annually.
- A monthly update should also be conducted.
- Rowan has the inventory spreadsheet but will need help matching the items on the list to the actual items in storage.
- Gas tanks for the incinetrons are currently stored outside at Logan and Ylva's house because they are not allowed in the storage unit. If anyone has a shed where they can be stored, please volunteer.
Winter Coronation 2017
- It is Forgotten Sea's turn to host Coronation.
- The bid is due by Jan 1, 2016 and an autocrat is needed.
- Miranda will contact all the small groups within the Barony to inquire about co-hosting.
- Aston Tor has already been asked and is not available.
Horse & Falcon
- There were site issues with the most recent event and the people who normally run it are no longer interested.
- If anyone is interested in continuing with this event, they need to find a new location and an autocrat to put in a bid, which is due in Dec 2015.
- This event will now be run by a committee, same as Lillies.
- The previous autocrats and volunteers will be on the initial committee, along with the baronage and the seneschal.
- Old ones will be sold for $.50 each
Inside Fighter Practice
- Rent for the Roanoke Community Center has increased from $35/hour to $50/hour. At three hours per week, that will equate to $1800 per year.
- Emma has begun negotiations with Alan, who will inquire with the Kansas City Parks and Recreation Board about lowering the price.
- Miranda will take over working with Alan and Jessica on the contract.
- Per the Financial Committee, two weeks will be paid (Sep 16 and 23) so that fighter practice can be moved inside next week.
- If the cost of the Roanoke Community Center cannot be lowered, we will begin looking for a new location.
- We can make just about anything work for inside fighter practice. A restroom is required. Heating is preferred. If mats are needed then onsite storage is also preferred.
- Possible dates are last week of September or first week of October.
- A sword will be purchased for the Cut & Thrust Champion. NOTE - Donations are still being accepted! Please bring donations to Fighter Practice
King's Company of Archers
- Aston Tor will sponsor a potluck on Saturday evening. They will provide hotdogs and brats, please bring items to share.
- The Barony's incinetrons can be used. They have propane but will need to be picked up from Logan and Ylva's house.
- A volunteer is still needed to work the gate Friday evening from 5-7 PM.
Their Excellencies (Soren and Rowen)
- Thank you Emma for your service as Seneschal and helping us get started on the right foot!
Archery Marshal and Tor Fighter Marshal (Janos)
- Archery practice is temporarily on hold between the Valor and King's Company of Archers events.
- Fighter practice continues to be held, but attendance is sparse.
- The Barony website is up and running.
- The Kris Kinder website is up and running.
- If any notices are needed to be sent out, please notify Dean.
- Question was asked if the Curia notes would be shared. Caitilin will share notes with Miranda who will add to/correct then send on to Dean for publication.
- There will be dancing at next week's fighter practice and populace meeting. An announcement will be sent by the WebMinister.
- There are new people in attendance tonight, please welcome them.
- She has a lead on a demo and will share more as more information is obtained.
- Checks will be written tonight for the storage unit, the community center, and the C&T Champion sword.
- The Horse & Falcon event insurance check has been received by recipient and cleared by the bank.
Fighter Marshal (Colyne)
All populace are welcome at Curia meetings!
- Possibility of a new inside fighter practice site was previously covered.